Storm triggers cancellationsMarch 19,2013The impending snow storm has led to the cancellation of meetings and events around the city.
The Rutland Region Chamber of Commerce mixer, which was to be held from 5 to 7 p.m. tonight at the College of St. Joseph, has been cancelled. It has been rescheduled to 5 to 7 p.m. March 26.
The Rutland Regional Planning Commission has also cancelled all meetings and hearings scheduled for tonight.
Rutland Area Prevention Coalition has cancelled its meeting scheduled for this morning. The next meeting will be held at 9 a.m. April 16 at the Education and Wellness Center at 78 South Main St.
The Book Discussion Club meeting scheduled for this morning at St. Bridget’s Catholic Church in West Rutland has been cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date.
Additional closings, cancellations and delays will be published online at www.rutlandherald.com as the storm develops.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.