Driver cited in snowmobile crashMarch 19,2013Driver cited in snowmobile crash
SOMERSET — A New York snowmobiler was issued a ticket following a snowmobile crash in Somerset on Sunday.
According to State Police, Jody Speir, 37, of Troy, N.Y., failed to make a proper turn on VAST corridor 7 and hit an oncoming snowmobile driven by Michael Mosher, 43, of West Dover. Spier and Mosher were thrown from their snowmobiles and Speir’s snowmobile caught fire.
According to police, Speir was issued a ticket for “operation of a snowmobile in an unreasonable manner.”
They suffered bumps and bruises in the accident but they were not transported to a local hospital, according to State Trooper Genevra Cushman. Wilmington Fire and Deerfield Valley Rescue also responded to the scene.MORE IN This Just InPOULTNEY — Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesn’t know how to slow down. Full StoryFAIRLEE — The Thetford Energy Committee was honored Saturday at a statewide energy conference... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation