MONTPELIER — A 42-year-old St. Johnsbury man has been sentenced to five years on probation after he pleaded guilty to forcing his 14-year-old son to shovel snow and exercise outside barefoot and wearing a T-shirt, resulting in frostbite.
Robert A. Stone Jr. was convicted of aggravated domestic assault. Temperatures were below freezing in mid-January last year when the boy was outside.
Stone pleaded guilty in the criminal division of the Caledonia Superior Court.
He got a five-year deferred sentence and must have mental health counseling, take a parenting education course, and not engage in violent or threatening behavior.MORE IN Vermont NewsCOLCHESTER — A bunch of kids in a minivan are solving twin challenges in northern Vermont:... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.