MONTPELIER — A 42-year-old St. Johnsbury man has been sentenced to five years on probation after he pleaded guilty to forcing his 14-year-old son to shovel snow and exercise outside barefoot and wearing a T-shirt, resulting in frostbite.
Robert A. Stone Jr. was convicted of aggravated domestic assault. Temperatures were below freezing in mid-January last year when the boy was outside.
Stone pleaded guilty in the criminal division of the Caledonia Superior Court.
He got a five-year deferred sentence and must have mental health counseling, take a parenting education course, and not engage in violent or threatening behavior.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full StoryTo overcome Vermont Health Connect's early technological woes, more than 100 employees in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation