Olive H. CaseMarch 20,2013Olive H. Case
BRISTOL — Olive H. Case, 88, died Sunday, March 17, 2013, at her daughter’s home in Vergennes.
She was born Oct. 7, 1924, in Bristol, the daughter of Alic and Frances (Grant) Hammond.
She attended the one-room Bristol Flats Schoolhouse and Bristol High School, where she graduated in 1942.
On June 15, 1945, she married Warren Case of Middlebury. They worked together at various business for 49 years. She was predeceased by her husband Warren Case on July 6, 1994.
Survivors include three children, Robert Case of Chittenden, Rodney Case of New Haven, and Elaine Russell of Vergennes; six grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; five step-great-grandchildren; one great-great-granddaughter; one step-great-great-granddaughter; several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her brothers.
Friends may call at Brown-McClay Funeral Home in Vergennes on Friday, March 22, from 5 to 8 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Addison County Home Health & Hospice, PO Box 754, Middlebury, VT; or Hospice Volunteer Services, PO Box 772, Middlebury, VT.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.