SURPRISE, Ariz. — Los Angeles Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez could be sidelined for more than two months or maybe just two weeks because of an injured right thumb.
Dodgers manager Don Mattingly says doctors have described both recovery scenarios for Ramirez. The All-Star was set to have an MRI on Wednesday night after returning to Dodgers camp.
Ramirez was hurt diving for a ball at third base Tuesday night in the championship game of the World Baseball Classic.
He stayed in the game and helped the Dominican Republic beat Puerto Rico 3-0 for the title.
Luis Cruz, who was projected to play third base for the Dodgers, started at shortstop Wednesday against Kansas City. Mattingly said Cruz would the first choice at shortstop if Ramirez is out for a while.MORE IN Wire SportsCOLUMBUS, Ohio — It might seem as if the pressure just keeps building and building on No. Full StoryNEW YORK — The Yankees are flashing their cash, adding Jacoby Ellsbury to a shopping spree that... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation