Elise R. Durr RitesMarch 22,2013Elise R. Durr Rites
Funeral services for Elise Rose Durr, 72, of Mount Holly who died March 16, 2013, were held Thursday, March 21, 2013, at Christ the King Church. Officiating was the Rev. Justin Baker, pastor.
Graveside services will be held Monday, March 25, at 1 p.m. at Calvary Cemetery in Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
Elise Cassarino was vocalist.
William Gower-Johnson was organist.
Bearers were John Durr, David Durr, Gordon Cheyne and Paul Torillo.
Prayer services were held Wednesday, March 20, at Clifford Funeral Home by the Rev. Baker.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City aldermen discuss future of recreation department facilities, three bears killed in interstate crash, town school principal rewards students' good reading habits, fight at city jail sends a man to hospital.