‘The Dude’ shows in Brattleboro SaturdayMarch 23,2013BRATTLEBORO — The full Dude Experience will be available Saturday as Latchis Arts brings the cult classic ‘‘The Big Lebowski’’ to the big screen.
Latchis Arts is doing its part to give Dude fans a full Dude experience, and moviegoers are urged to wear their bathrobes, like the Dude. Or you could buy one that night, fluffly white Latchis Hotel bathrobes will be on sale for $65. A portion of each sale will go to support the efforts of Latchis Arts.
Since the Dude is a big fan of White Russians, the Flat Street Brewpub will offer White Russians for sale in the lobby.
As for bowling, free game vouchers will be provided by Brattleboro Bowl, while supplies last.
Raffle tickets will be on sale to benefit Latchis Arts.
The movie will be shown at 9 p.m. at the Latchis Theater with admission by donation, suggestion $10, to benefit Latchis Arts.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — With just days to go before the Democratic primaries, and a sitting governor and... Full StoryBOSTON — Red Sox manager John Farrell calls outfielder Rusney Castillo “an exciting, athletic... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Will Rutland Plywood rebuild? Depends on the insurance settlement; Kevin O'Connor reports from the late U.S. senator Jim Jeffords' Friday funeral; state maps strategy to reduce prescription drug abuse.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1915, the New York World publishes scoop: Thom. Edison diverts chemical from war production to help German pharmaceutical company make aspirin; on this day in 1935, Will Rogers, Wiley Post die in Alaska plane crash.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.