‘The Dude’ shows in Brattleboro SaturdayMarch 23,2013BRATTLEBORO — The full Dude Experience will be available Saturday as Latchis Arts brings the cult classic ‘‘The Big Lebowski’’ to the big screen.
Latchis Arts is doing its part to give Dude fans a full Dude experience, and moviegoers are urged to wear their bathrobes, like the Dude. Or you could buy one that night, fluffly white Latchis Hotel bathrobes will be on sale for $65. A portion of each sale will go to support the efforts of Latchis Arts.
Since the Dude is a big fan of White Russians, the Flat Street Brewpub will offer White Russians for sale in the lobby.
As for bowling, free game vouchers will be provided by Brattleboro Bowl, while supplies last.
Raffle tickets will be on sale to benefit Latchis Arts.
The movie will be shown at 9 p.m. at the Latchis Theater with admission by donation, suggestion $10, to benefit Latchis Arts.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Highway Trust Fund bill passage Vt. projects are moving forward, about 20 state inmates are seeking clemency through new federal standards and search is on to find temporary member for State Colleges Board of Trustees.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.