‘The Dude’ shows in Brattleboro SaturdayMarch 23,2013BRATTLEBORO — The full Dude Experience will be available Saturday as Latchis Arts brings the cult classic ‘‘The Big Lebowski’’ to the big screen.
Latchis Arts is doing its part to give Dude fans a full Dude experience, and moviegoers are urged to wear their bathrobes, like the Dude. Or you could buy one that night, fluffly white Latchis Hotel bathrobes will be on sale for $65. A portion of each sale will go to support the efforts of Latchis Arts.
Since the Dude is a big fan of White Russians, the Flat Street Brewpub will offer White Russians for sale in the lobby.
As for bowling, free game vouchers will be provided by Brattleboro Bowl, while supplies last.
Raffle tickets will be on sale to benefit Latchis Arts.
The movie will be shown at 9 p.m. at the Latchis Theater with admission by donation, suggestion $10, to benefit Latchis Arts.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER – The United States Department of Agriculture announced today that schools in... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Ensisheim meteorite falls into Alsatian wheatfield, 1665, first issue of London Gazette, 1874, Thomas Nast cartoon features elephant as GOP symbol, 1907, Jesus Garcia saves town from burning dynamite boxcar.