‘The Dude’ shows in Brattleboro SaturdayMarch 23,2013BRATTLEBORO — The full Dude Experience will be available Saturday as Latchis Arts brings the cult classic ‘‘The Big Lebowski’’ to the big screen.
Latchis Arts is doing its part to give Dude fans a full Dude experience, and moviegoers are urged to wear their bathrobes, like the Dude. Or you could buy one that night, fluffly white Latchis Hotel bathrobes will be on sale for $65. A portion of each sale will go to support the efforts of Latchis Arts.
Since the Dude is a big fan of White Russians, the Flat Street Brewpub will offer White Russians for sale in the lobby.
As for bowling, free game vouchers will be provided by Brattleboro Bowl, while supplies last.
Raffle tickets will be on sale to benefit Latchis Arts.
The movie will be shown at 9 p.m. at the Latchis Theater with admission by donation, suggestion $10, to benefit Latchis Arts.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.