‘Even the Rain’ showing todayMarch 23,2013WOODSTOCK — The Billings Farm and Museum will show the award-winning film “Even the Rain” as part of the third annual Woodstock Vermont Film Series at 3 p.m. today.
Spanish director Sebastián, his executive producer, and crew are in Bolivia to shoot a motion picture about Christopher Columbus and his treatment of the native population. Sebastián chooses Bolivia as the location because of a tight film budget and things go smoothly until a conflict erupts over the privatization of the water supply.
Sebastian hires local actors to appear in his film but one of them is a leading activist in the protest movement and the film’s completion is in doubt. “Even the Rain” was nominated for Best Film at the European Film Awards and has won 16 awards.
Tickets for members are $9 for adults and $5 for children. Nonmembers are $11 for adults and $6 for children.
For a list of screenings and ticket information, call 457-2355 or visit www.billingsfarm.org/filmfest. The Billings Farm and Museum is on Route 12 in Woodstock.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD — Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.