Joy A. JonesMarch 26,2013
Joy A. JonesJoy A. Jones
PROCTOR — Joy Anne Jones, 72, of Proctor and a former longtime resident of Castleton, left this life peacefully, surrounded by her family, on Friday, March 22, 2013, at the Rutland Regional Medical Center, following a short illness.
She was born on October 7, 1940, the daughter of Nelson and Pauleta Langdon.
Mrs. Jones was employed as a nurse’s aide at the Rutland Regional Medical Center for 15 years prior to her retirement.
She enjoyed crocheting, knitting and reading.
Survivors include three sons, William Jones, Richard Jones and his wife Michele and Kenneth Jones and his wife Theresa, all of Proctor; a sister, Darlene Langdon Hurd of Bronx, N.Y.; a brother, Micheal Langdon of Springfield; a granddaughter, Kimberly Jones, grandson Adam Jones, a great-granddaughter, Kaylee Manning; a niece and a nephew.
She was predeceased by her husband, Griffith Morris “Sonny” Jones, who died on October 16, 2001.
The graveside service will be held at a later date in Cedar Grove Cemetery in Fair Haven.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Durfee Funeral Home.
Memorial contributions may be made to American Cancer Society, PO Box 22718, Oklahoma City, OK 73123-1718.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.