Man arrested on drug charges, dad turns him inThe Associated Press | March 26,2013ST. JOHNSBURY — A Vermont man is facing marijuana charges after his father turned him in to police, saying his son was growing it in some bedroom closets.
Twenty-year-old Nicholas Hough of St. Johnsbury pleaded not guilty to a felony charge of marijuana cultivation and a misdemeanor charge of marijuana possession Monday.
Police said Hough’s father, Clifton Hough, went to the state police in February and said he suspected his son had set up marijuana growing operations in both of his bedroom closets at their home.
The Caledonian-Record reports (http://bit.ly/YC1DDP) the 51-year-old Hough told police he wanted to put a “scare” into his son and no longer wanted illegal activity in his home.
Police executed a search warrant several days later and found four suspected marijuana plants, and drug paraphernalia.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.