Man arrested on drug charges, dad turns him inThe Associated Press | March 26,2013ST. JOHNSBURY — A Vermont man is facing marijuana charges after his father turned him in to police, saying his son was growing it in some bedroom closets.
Twenty-year-old Nicholas Hough of St. Johnsbury pleaded not guilty to a felony charge of marijuana cultivation and a misdemeanor charge of marijuana possession Monday.
Police said Hough’s father, Clifton Hough, went to the state police in February and said he suspected his son had set up marijuana growing operations in both of his bedroom closets at their home.
The Caledonian-Record reports (http://bit.ly/YC1DDP) the 51-year-old Hough told police he wanted to put a “scare” into his son and no longer wanted illegal activity in his home.
Police executed a search warrant several days later and found four suspected marijuana plants, and drug paraphernalia.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.