Man arrested on drug charges, dad turns him inThe Associated Press | March 26,2013ST. JOHNSBURY — A Vermont man is facing marijuana charges after his father turned him in to police, saying his son was growing it in some bedroom closets.
Twenty-year-old Nicholas Hough of St. Johnsbury pleaded not guilty to a felony charge of marijuana cultivation and a misdemeanor charge of marijuana possession Monday.
Police said Hough’s father, Clifton Hough, went to the state police in February and said he suspected his son had set up marijuana growing operations in both of his bedroom closets at their home.
The Caledonian-Record reports (http://bit.ly/YC1DDP) the 51-year-old Hough told police he wanted to put a “scare” into his son and no longer wanted illegal activity in his home.
Police executed a search warrant several days later and found four suspected marijuana plants, and drug paraphernalia.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.