Vermont poet laureate to speak at 7 p.m. todayStaff Report | March 28,2013ASCUTNEY — Vermont poet laureate Sydney Lea will share from his most recent works at 7 p.m. today at the Weathersfield Proctor Library.
Lea founded the New England Review in 1977 and his poetry collection, “Pursuit of a Wound,” was one of three finalists for the Pulitzer Prize for poetry. Lea’s most recent collection of poems is “Six Sundays Toward a Seventh: Selected Spiritual Poems by Sydney Lea,” by Wipf and Stock publishers.
For more information visit www.sydneylea.net, www.weathersfieldproctorlibrary.org or call 674-2863.
The Weathersfield Proctor Library is at 5181 Route 5 in Ascutney.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.