Colchester home lost in fireMarch 28,2013COLCHESTER — Vermont State Police say a mobile home in Colchester has been destroyed by fire.
Police say the fire was reported by a neighbor who saw smoke coming from the home Tuesday morning.
No one was home at the time.
Police say the fire department was able to put out the fire quickly and keep it from damaging other mobile homes nearby.
The exact cause of the blaze has been determined. Police say the fire was not suspicious.
The damage is estimated to be more than $55,000.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.