Man charged following Orwell pursuitMarch 28,2013Police chase ends
in multiple charges
ORWELL — A local man is facing five charges after a high-speed pursuit on Mount Independence Road, according to Vermont State Police.
Police said they arrested Glen A. Tenzer, 45, of Orwell after his car went off the road late Tuesday night.
Police said they initially tried to stop Tenzer after he failed to stop at the intersection of Route 73 and Route 22A. But when the trooper activated his lights, police said, Tenzer sped away.
He was charged with a second offense of drunken driving, gross careless and negligent operation, attempting to elude police, excessive speed and possession of marijuana.
Tenzer was cited to appear in Middlebury criminal court April 15.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.