Vermont's unemployment rate falls againStaff Report | March 29,2013MONTPELIER – Vermont’s unemployment rate fell 0.3 percent in February to 4.4 percent, the state Department of Labor announced Friday.
The state continues to have the fourth lowest unemployment rate in the country. The national average last month was 7.7 percent.
February represents the seventh consecutive month without an increase in the state’s unemployment rate.
“We were very pleased to see that the number of unemployed workers in Vermont continues to decline,” said Labor Commissioner Annie Noonan. “This data which the department collects for this report also showed a decline in the total number of employed, but interestingly, Vermont employers are reporting an increase in jobs.”MORE IN This Just InThink of Saturdayís event as a classier and much more fun version of Black Friday. Full StoryComments Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation