Southern Vermont College hosts career fair April 4March 29,2013College hosts career fair
BENNINGTON — Southern Vermont College will host its annual spring career and internship fair April 4 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Everett Mansion’s Burgdorff Gallery.
Information will be available at the fair about employment, career and internship opportunities. The event is free and open to the general public, students from other area colleges and current students and alumni from Southern Vermont College.
Representatives will attend from, among others, Avon; Berkshire Family and Individual Resources; the Bennington School; Hillcrest Educational Centers, Inc.; the Lebanon, N.H., Police Department; Peace Corps; Porter Medical Center; Sage Graduate College; Southwestern Vermont Health Care; Union Graduate College; The Vermont Country Store; Vermont Voltage/Bennington Sports Center; and the Vermont State Police.
Employers interested in participating or those seeking more information should contact Southern Vermont College Director of Career Development Denise Spencer by phone at 447-4631 or email at email@example.com.MORE IN This Just InWASHINGTON — Congress ran full-tilt into election-year gridlock over immigration Thursday and... Full StoryREADSBORO — A longtime feud between neighbors may have led to an incident last month during which... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.