Long Trail students head to state festival
DORSET — After hosting the Vermont Regional One Act Festival on March 23, the Long Trail School is one of two schools invited to the Vermont State Drama Festival.
Randolph Union High School in Randolph will host the festival on April 5 and April 6. Long Trail will perform at 9 a.m. April 6.
Two schools will be selected from the 10 schools performing in Randolph to advance to the New England Drama Festival which this year takes place in Rhode Island.
On March 23, several members of the cast and crew of Long Trail’s “Macbeth, A Tale of Darkness” were recognized. Ryker Kozal received an award for lighting; Gabby Corey, Hannah Phelps and Olivia Lane received individual acting awards for playing the witches; and Jessica Gee and Jordan LaMothe received individual acting awards for their portrayals of Lady Macbeth and Macbeth.
The cast also received an award for outstanding ensemble work.MORE IN Southern VermontBENNINGTON — A Pownal woman is facing several criminal charges, including two felonies, after... Full StorySUNDERLAND — Police said a Dorset woman was driving to the Albany, N.Y. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.