NORTHFIELD — Vermont’s Norwich University is presenting the third installment of an exhibition about the military college’s involvement in the Civil War.
“These Honored Dead: Private and National Commemoration” at the Sullivan Museum and History Center will tell the stories of Norwich alumni from both sides of the conflict during the pivotal year of 1863.
The exhibition considers the military draft and prisons, and explores mourning rituals during the Civil War period.
The museum on the Northfield campus is free and open to the public.
The exhibit runs from April 8 through Dec. 20.MORE IN Vermont NewsDVHA Commissioner Mark Larson told lawmakers Tuesday of a second privacy breadh on Vermont Health... Full Story
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation