Donna M. PalmerApril 01,2013
Donna M. PalmerDonna M. Palmer
LEICESTER — Donna Marie “Ducky” Palmer, age 69, died Monday, March 25, 2013, at Rutland Regional Medical Center.
Mrs. Palmer was born in Brandon on July 20, 1943. She was the daughter of Homer and Freda (Devino) Mitchell. She received her early education in local Brandon schools and was graduated from Brandon High School, class of 1961. In her earlier years, she had worked at the Ayrshire Breeders Office in Brandon.
She later worked in the office of the superintendent of the Brandon School District. She afterwards was employed at Nexus Corp. in quality control and shipping, and afterwards at Forest Dale Post Office. She enjoyed traveling, was an avid reader and adored her grandchildren.
Surviving is her husband, Lemuel Palmer of Leicester, whom she married in Forest Dale on October 15, 1983; her mother, Freda Mitchell of Brandon; her daughter, Tammy Ricard and husband Glenn of Windsor; her stepdaughter, Vicki Genier and husband Shawn of Leicester; her sisters, Charlene Grimes and husband Roddy of Forest Dale, Linda Russell and husband Harold of Forest Dale, Lorraine Williams and husband John of Sudbury and Jane Aines and husband David of Forest Dale; grandchildren, Jeremy D’Avignon and his fiancée Katie Ford of Middlebury, Mariah D’Avignon and her fiancé Cody Hesse of West Rutland, Kameryn Genier of Leicester, Glenna Ricard and Linda Ricard, both of Windsor; great-grandchildren, Willow Sadie D’Avignon, Keaton Joshua D’Avignon and Nicholas Robert D’Avignon. Many nieces, nephews and cousins also survive her. She was predeceased by her father, Homer Mitchell, in December 1980.
The funeral service will be held on Friday, April 5, 2013, at 10:30 a.m. at Grace Episcopal Church in Forest Dale. The Rev. Margaret Fletcher, rector, will officiate. A private graveside committal service and burial will follow in the family lot in Forest Dale Cemetery.
Following the ceremony, the family will receive friends in the church “undercroft” for a time of fellowship and remembrance.
Friends may call at the Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon on Thursday, April 4, 2013, from 5-8 p.m.
The family would like to thank the ICU Nursing Staff at Rutland Regional for all of their kindness, dedication and professionalism shown to “Ducky” and her family.
Memorial gifts, in lieu of flowers, may be made in her memory to The Brandon Area Rescue Squad, PO Box 232, Brandon, VT 05733.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.