Police probe store robberyApril 01,2013Police probe store robbery
SOUTH BURLINGTON — Police are looking for a suspect in a convenience store robbery in South Burlington.
Police said a man walked into a Champlain Farms store at about 8:20 p.m. Saturday, walked behind the counter and demanded cash before ordering the cashier into the bathroom and fleeing on foot with an undetermined amount of money.
The cashier told police the suspect was wearing a white bandanna over his face. He’s described as being about 5 feet 6 inches tall with a slender build and blond hair.MORE IN This Just InWASHINGTON — The primary season just ended and the general election campaign now unfolding looks... Full StoryA mysterious poll is asking Vermonters if they would support the continued operation of Vermont... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No money this year for western rail project, Lola Aiken memorialized in Montpelier, Supreme Court Castleton murder suspect will remain in jail, Shaftbury man fires shots from his AK-47 into neighbor's home.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1959, Soviet Premier Nikita S. Khrushchev arrives in U.S. for historic 13-day visit; in 1987, Secretary of State George Shultz and Soviet Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze sign nuclear reduction agreement.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City celebrates completion of its newest mural, on West Street opposite the post office, more than $2 million in federal grants will bolster Vermont's health centers, Patrick McArdle reports on pending sale of Vermont papers.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Henry Hudson sails up the Hudson River as far as present-day Albany, Leo Szilard has epiphany waiting for the light to change, 3 kids report a West Virginia close encounter in 1952.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Who will run for mayor in Rutland next year? Has Bennington overcome its fear of twerking? Documentary 'Hungry Heart' packs the Paramount, and the city's Creek Path scores another million-plus dollars.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: The 1509 'Lesser Judgment' earthquake on this day at Constantinople kills 13,000 and destroys the city; in 1801, on this day, Marie Laveau, the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans is born.