VAULT needs new air conditionerApril 03,2013Staff Report
SPRINGFIELD — Gallery at the VAULT is holding its annual gala fundraiser this evening to help raise money for a new air conditioner to cool the gallery in the upcoming summer months.
Diane Kemble, president of the board of directors, said the air conditioner is both for human comfort and care of the artwork in the gallery.
The fundraiser will also raise money for its art programs, Kemble said.
People attending the fundraiser will also be able to bid on donated items such as a garden tour with a take-home basket of vegetables, private painting lessons, an aerial photograph, or a portrait.
The gallery was founded 12 years ago, and serves as a marketplace for 160 artists. It is a Vermont State Craft Center, and also holds arts and other creative classes.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.