VAULT needs new air conditionerApril 03,2013Staff Report
SPRINGFIELD — Gallery at the VAULT is holding its annual gala fundraiser this evening to help raise money for a new air conditioner to cool the gallery in the upcoming summer months.
Diane Kemble, president of the board of directors, said the air conditioner is both for human comfort and care of the artwork in the gallery.
The fundraiser will also raise money for its art programs, Kemble said.
People attending the fundraiser will also be able to bid on donated items such as a garden tour with a take-home basket of vegetables, private painting lessons, an aerial photograph, or a portrait.
The gallery was founded 12 years ago, and serves as a marketplace for 160 artists. It is a Vermont State Craft Center, and also holds arts and other creative classes.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.