Vt. National Guard furloughs postponedThe Associated Press | April 04,2013Furloughs affecting 500 Vermont National Guard members due to automatic federal spending cuts have been delayed.
Maj. Gen. Steven Cray, the Guard's adjutant general, told guard members in an email the furloughs will happen in mid- to late June, instead of April.
The Burlington Free Press obtained the email Wednesday.
To meet its share of automatic spending cuts known as sequestration, the Vermont Guard was preparing to put a day-per-week furlough order into effect for 500 members, effective from late April through September. The unpaid day off would mean a 20 percent cut in pay for affected Guard members.MORE IN This Just InComments Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt. Full StoryBURLINGTON - Vermont prosecutors and defense attorneys are in talks to settle charges filed... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation