Vt. students to compete in geographic beeThe Associated Press | April 05,2013Organizers say 100 young geography pros from around Vermont will compete in a statewide geographic bee at Middlebury College.
The winner will go on to compete in the 25th annual National Geographic Bee in Washington, D.C., in May.
Today, Vermont fourth to eight-graders will complete in the statewide bee. The preliminary rounds take place at 1 p.m. with the final round at 3:30 p.m. in Mead Chapel.
The winner will head to Washington, where the first prize in the national competition is a $25,000 college scholarship and lifetime membership in the National Geographic Society, which is sponsoring the event.MORE IN This Just InKILLINGTON — Vermont State Police say they have made an arrest in the hit and run death of ... Full StoryPOULTNEY — Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesn’t know how to slow down. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation