Suspect arraigned in stroller stabbingApril 06,2013BOSTON ó A Boston man has pleaded not guilty to taking part in the stabbing of his 21-year-old ex-girlfriend as she pushed their baby in a stroller.
Nineteen-year-old Daquan Sparks was ordered held on $500,000 cash bail at his arraignment Friday on a charge of assault with intent to murder.
Prosecutors said the victim told police Sparks asked her to meet him Monday so he could give their 8-month-old baby new shoes. They said the woman told investigators Sparks restrained her while his current girlfriend, 17-year-old Samia Jones, stabbed her several times.
The woman is expected to survive. The baby wasnít hurt.
Sparksí attorney said he did meet with the victim but didnít know Jones was going to attack her, and didnít participate.
Jones is held on $50,000 after pleading not guilty to the same charge as Sparks.MORE IN News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.