BURLINGTON — Authorities say a man who alerted police to a methamphetamine operation in Vermont in 2010 and then disappeared for two years has been arraigned in the case.
Robert R. Provost Jr. pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to manufacture narcotics in federal court in Burlington on Thursday.
The Burlington Free Press reported that Provost has been living in Ocala, Fla., the last two years and was working as an installer for a cable company when he was apprehended by police on a Vermont arrest warrant last month.
Authorities say he is the last of seven people to face charges in connection with a meth manufacturing operation that was run out of St. Albans in 2009 and 2010.
Two of the seven are in prison.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Reaction was plentiful Wednesday to Gov. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Gov. Peter Shumlin announces demise of his single-payer health insurance initiative; convicted first-degree murderer Alan Prue sentenced to 50 years for killing teacher Melissa Jenkins; veterans chafed about park naming snub.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 497 BC, first Saturnalia festival celebrated in Rome, Scandinavians retain 'Yule Goat' as symbol of season, Krampus, evil side of holiday cheer, terrorizes children into better behavior, more advice from Christopher Hitchens.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 533 AD, Byzantine Emperor Justinian I gets the old empire back together again routing the Vandals from Carthage; in 1890, Lakota Chief Sitting Bull is killed at his home in South Dakota; in 1970, Soviets land probe on Venus.
- DUANE CARLETON: Rutland Herald Events Editor George Nostrand interviews musician Duane Carleton, whose new CD 'A GIRL LIKE THAT' drops Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, and will be celebrated that evening with a show at 9:30 p.m. at Killington's Pickle Barrel.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Sigisimund, king of Hungary, creates Order of the Dragon to defend the West against Ottoman Turks; Chong Ho escorts 300 virgins to China; J. Bruce Ismay born this day, built Titanic, gets free trip, does not go down with the ship.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Storm takes out power for 60,000 Vermonters; state gets $33M to fund pre-K education; Springfield board OKs fund to demolish blighted buildings, voters have final say; George Nostrand runs down coming events.