Police searching for laptop missing from fundraiserStaff Report | April 08,2013WELLS — Police are looking for a laptop computer that went missing following a fundraiser Sunday night.
The Modern Woodsmen of America held a fundraiser for the Section 8 Riders of New York, which helps people with their medical bills. Police said Janice Rivers, 49, of Granville, N.Y., was using her black Toshiba laptop with two silver external speakers to play music, and at the conclusion of the event, Rivers learned her property was missing.
The laptop and speakers were in a black, handmade cloth bag decorated with multicolored musical notes. Police said it is unclear if the bag was stolen or taken by mistake.
Anyone with information is asked to call the State Police Rutland Barracks at 773-9101.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.