Police searching for laptop missing from fundraiserStaff Report | April 08,2013WELLS — Police are looking for a laptop computer that went missing following a fundraiser Sunday night.
The Modern Woodsmen of America held a fundraiser for the Section 8 Riders of New York, which helps people with their medical bills. Police said Janice Rivers, 49, of Granville, N.Y., was using her black Toshiba laptop with two silver external speakers to play music, and at the conclusion of the event, Rivers learned her property was missing.
The laptop and speakers were in a black, handmade cloth bag decorated with multicolored musical notes. Police said it is unclear if the bag was stolen or taken by mistake.
Anyone with information is asked to call the State Police Rutland Barracks at 773-9101.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and Arts Editor Jim Lowe discuss some of the stories planned for the Thursday, July 10, 2014, edition of the newspaper: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump. 0Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and Arts Editor Jim Lowe discuss some of the stories planned... Full StoryCASTLETON — For the first time in 18 years, the Castleton concerts are hitting the stage... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.
- Demolition of blighted property on Pine Street