Leicester school budget revote set for TuesdayBy Josh O'Gorman
Staff Writer | April 08,2013LEICESTER — Residents will return to the polls today to vote on a revised budget for the Leicester School District.
The School Board is proposing a budget of $1,117,640 for fiscal year 2013-14, an increase of $56,982, or 5.3 percent, compared to the current budget of $1,060,658.
On Town Meeting Day, residents defeated a proposed budget of $1,127,521 by a vote of 73 to 65. That proposal would have raised the budget by 66,863, or 6.3 percent.
The School Board has trimmed $9,881 from the first proposal.
The revised proposal would raise the residential tax rate from $1.32 to $1.39, or about a penny less than the prior proposed budget.
Residents will vote from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Town Offices.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation