Police search for missing laptopApril 10,2013Police searching
for missing laptop
WELLS — Police are looking for a laptop computer that went missing after a fundraiser Sunday night.
The Modern Woodsmen of America held a fundraiser for the Section 8 Riders of New York, which helps people with their medical bills. Vermont State Police said Janice Rivers, 49, of Granville, N.Y., was using her black Toshiba laptop with two silver external speakers to play music, and at the conclusion of the event, Rivers learned her property was missing.
The laptop and speakers were in a black, handmade cloth bag decorated with multicolored musical notes. Police said it is unclear if the bag was stolen or taken by mistake.
Anyone with information is asked to call state police at 773-9101.MORE IN This Just InKILLINGTON -- Two people were badly hurt in a head-on collision caused by a drunken driver Monday... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bryanna Allen reports Castleton Downtown hosts open house, fire in Springfield leaves family without a roof of their own, suspected Bosnian war criminal trial goes to jury, Brent Curtis reports Rutland Town budget set to rise.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bill in Legislature proposes naming beagle Vermont state dog; Associated Press looks back at year in opiate abuse; Shapiro's in Brandon soon to close after 75 years; probe shows illegal online gun sales booming.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1861, JEFFERSON DAVIS resigns from the U.S. Senate to become president of the Confederate States of America, in 1908, NYC passes law forbidding women from smoking in public; in 1968, B-52 crashes, loses H-bomb.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Aldermen debate request for $75K from Zamias Fund for Wonderfeet museum, Bryanna Allen covers CSC Spring Convocation, proponents of sugary drinks tax meet press at State House, Neal Goswami reports revenue forecast for state.