Police investigating illegal handgun possessionApril 10,2013DUMMERSTON — Vermont State Police are investigating how a transient man obtained a firearm he cannot legally possess.
Robert Taylor Brewer, 64, was pulled over by State Police on Monday during a traffic stop on Interstate 91 in Dummerston. Police said they conducted a search and found a .40-caliber handgun in Brewer’s car.
Brewer had a prior conviction of domestic assault, which, under federal law, prohibits him from possessing a firearm. Although he was not arrested, State Police said they seized the firearm and the investigation is still ongoing.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation