Police investigating illegal handgun possessionApril 10,2013DUMMERSTON — Vermont State Police are investigating how a transient man obtained a firearm he cannot legally possess.
Robert Taylor Brewer, 64, was pulled over by State Police on Monday during a traffic stop on Interstate 91 in Dummerston. Police said they conducted a search and found a .40-caliber handgun in Brewer’s car.
Brewer had a prior conviction of domestic assault, which, under federal law, prohibits him from possessing a firearm. Although he was not arrested, State Police said they seized the firearm and the investigation is still ongoing.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.