MONTPELIER — Six Vermont companies are being honored for their efforts to promote workplace safety.
The Governor’s Award for Outstanding Workplace Safety — the highest such award in the state — goes annually to recipients in six categories.
Bio Tek Instruments of Winooski won in the large business category, Asten Johnson of Williston won in the medium business category, and Cardno ATC of Williston won in the small business category.
Awards also went to the Chittenden Solid Waste District for the municipality category and Nor-Dic Farm of Panton for the agriculture category. Hayward Tyler of Colchester was awarded for seeing the greatest improvement.
The awards were presented this past week by Gov. Peter Shumlin and Steve Monahan, workers’ compensation and safety director at the Department of Labor.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation