Vt. House rejects
bids for jet debate
MONTPELIER — The Vermont House has rejected attempts to debate the basing of the F-35 fighter jet in Burlington.
During debate Wednesday on a bill to retool the way the top officer in the Vermont National Guard is chosen, House Speaker Shap Smith ruled non-germane a series of amendments offered by Rep. George Cross that would have brought the F-35 issue into the debate.
In one instance, the Winooski Democrat asked for a vote of the House on whether to overrule the speaker. That move was defeated 126 to 11.
The underlying bill would set new standards candidates for the adjutant general’s job would have to meet and create a new board to review applications and make recommendations to the Legislature.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full StoryTo overcome Vermont Health Connect's early technological woes, more than 100 employees in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation