Vermont Farmstead Cheese wins silver medal at cheese competitionApril 18,2013Cheese wins silver medal
WINDSOR — Vermont Farmstead Cheese Company won second place for its BrickHaus Tilsit cheese at the 2013 U.S. Championship Cheese Contest in Green Bay Wis. The U.S. Championship Cheese Contest is the first major national cheese competition of the year.
The competition graded products spanning 82 categories, with VFCC’s BrickHaus Tilsit receiving a 98.65 rating out of 100, placing it second in the Open Class Semi-Soft category. This year’s competition drew a record-breaking 1,702 entries from cheesemakers across the country.
“Our BrickHaus Tilsit has proven a favorite among industry experts and consumers alike, having received five awards for excellence in the past two years,” VFCC Head Cheesemaker Rick Woods said. “This cheese is a fantastic representation of our team’s talent and I’m thrilled that it’s getting the attention it deserves.”
VFCC is the recipient of 33 industry awards to date, a major accomplishment for the company which has been producing farmstead and artisanal cheeses for just over two years.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.