Guilford L. Kupfer RitesApril 20,2013Guilford L. Kupfer Rites
LEICESTER — The memorial graveside service with full military honors for Guilford Louis “Gil” Kupfer, 86, who died April 12, 2013, was held Friday, April 19, 2013, at the Brookside Cemetery in Leicester.
The Rev. Ruel Tumangday, pastor of St Mary’s Church in Brandon, officiated.
The eulogy was given by his son-in-law David Driscoll.
Military honors were led by Sgt. of Arms Robert Gearwar of American Legion Post of 55 Brandon. Vermont National Guardsmen SPC Travis Dube and SPC Derek Murray folded the flag, and it was presented to his wife Eleanor by Master Sgt. Dan Landry. Burt Reynolds, a Marine Corps veteran, played taps.
The Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon was in charge of arrangements.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.