Plan to develop Vt. ski area being reconsideredApril 20,2013DUMMERSTON — A plan to revive a Vermont ski area is back in play.
The Maple Valley Ski Area in Dummerston closed in 2001. A developer interested in bringing it back as a year-round recreational resort withdrew a proposal in 2011 after the town review board asked for more specifics and wanted residents’ concerns addressed.
Now, the review board has scheduled a hearing on April 23 for an application by the developer, Stamford-Conn.,-based MVS Associates.
The Brattleboro Reformer reported that in addition to skiing, snowboarding and other winter events, the application describes mountain biking, hiking, maple syrup production, soapbox racing, camping, and other activities.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!