Free dental care day will be April 27April 20,2013BENNINGTON — Area dentists in Bennington and Manchester will participate in the this year’s Free Adult Dental Care Day on April 27.
Anyone 18 or older without dental insurance and unable to pay for needed dental health care, such as dental exams, X-rays, fillings and teeth extractions, will be eligible to receive free dental procedures at one of the locations from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Providers will not be able to take out impacted wisdom teeth. Procedures will only be performed under local anesthesia and patients will be seen on a first come, first served basis.
The mission of the event is to address the dental issues of those who cannot afford dental care, thus helping them feel better about themselves and decreasing their risks for other health problems such as heart disease and infection
In addition, the Bennington location will present a Family Care Fair with other local health-related organizations in attendance. This health fair will feature participants such as Southwestern Vermont Medical Center, BROC, and the Bennington Free Clinic.
The Free Adult Dental Care Day in southern Vermont was begun in 2007 by Drs. Robert Ruhl, John-Michael Stewart and Louis Beaudette with the help of the International Team for Implantology.
Services will be provided in Bennington at the office of Oral and Facial Surgery Associates at 2 Harwood Drive and in Manchester at the office of Dr. Richard Heilemann at 74 Long View Drive.
For available services in Windham County, contact the United Way or call Vermont 211 for more information.MORE IN This Just InBRATTLEBORO — As a nationally known meditation teacher and New York Times best-selling author,... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.