Free dental care day will be April 27April 20,2013BENNINGTON ó Area dentists in Bennington and Manchester will participate in the this yearís Free Adult Dental Care Day on April 27.
Anyone 18 or older without dental insurance and unable to pay for needed dental health care, such as dental exams, X-rays, fillings and teeth extractions, will be eligible to receive free dental procedures at one of the locations from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Providers will not be able to take out impacted wisdom teeth. Procedures will only be performed under local anesthesia and patients will be seen on a first come, first served basis.
The mission of the event is to address the dental issues of those who cannot afford dental care, thus helping them feel better about themselves and decreasing their risks for other health problems such as heart disease and infection
In addition, the Bennington location will present a Family Care Fair with other local health-related organizations in attendance. This health fair will feature participants such as Southwestern Vermont Medical Center, BROC, and the Bennington Free Clinic.
The Free Adult Dental Care Day in southern Vermont was begun in 2007 by Drs. Robert Ruhl, John-Michael Stewart and Louis Beaudette with the help of the International Team for Implantology.
Services will be provided in Bennington at the office of Oral and Facial Surgery Associates at 2 Harwood Drive and in Manchester at the office of Dr. Richard Heilemann at 74 Long View Drive.
For available services in Windham County, contact the United Way or call Vermont 211 for more information.MORE IN This Just InPITTSFORD – The Select Board meets tonight at 6:30 to hear a presentation by Green Lantern... Full StoryTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.