UVM held concert
to celebrate piano
BURLINGTON — The University of Vermont celebrated the 10th anniversary of its prized concert grand piano with a free concert Saturday night.
Music department faculty and students performed a mix of classical music and jazz on the “Colodny Steinway.”
UVM says the piano came to the school through the generosity of Edwin Colodny, who served as UVM’s interim president from 2001 to 2003, and his wife. The Colodnys led a fundraising campaign to buy a new concert grand piano.
Saturday’s concert was held at the Music Building’s Recital Hall.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation