UVM held concert
to celebrate piano
BURLINGTON — The University of Vermont celebrated the 10th anniversary of its prized concert grand piano with a free concert Saturday night.
Music department faculty and students performed a mix of classical music and jazz on the “Colodny Steinway.”
UVM says the piano came to the school through the generosity of Edwin Colodny, who served as UVM’s interim president from 2001 to 2003, and his wife. The Colodnys led a fundraising campaign to buy a new concert grand piano.
Saturday’s concert was held at the Music Building’s Recital Hall.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — A bill that would consolidate school districts in the state is generating questions... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.