Police are seeking shooting suspectApril 21,2013Police are seeking
MIDDLEBURY — Police are searching for a suspect in the shooting of a 65-year-old man early Saturday.
Middlebury Police said they received a 911 call from the unidentified victim who said he had been shot outside his apartment on Jackson Lane.
Police did not say how badly the victim was wounded.
The man, who was taken to the hospital for treatment, described the shooter as a male, age 17 to 19, about 6 feet tall with a thin to average build and a goatee. The man was wearing blue jeans and a dark vest.
Police said the shooter was accompanied by two people, but no description of them was available. The victim last saw them running south on Jackson Lane.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Detective Kris Bowdish at 388-3191 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Julius Caesar dedicates a temple to his mythical ancestor, Venus Genetrix; on this day in 1933, FBI agents in Memphis, Tennessee, arrest Machine Gun Kelly; Yves Rossi flies the English Channel with home-made jet-pack.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1852, Henri Giffard demonstrates the first steam-powered airship, sailing 17 miles from Paris to Trappes; on this day in 1877, Japanese imperial troops crush the Satsuma Rebellion, Saigo Takamori dies in Kagoshima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: U.S. Rep. Peter Welch meets with Killington business owners, governor candidates debate, Gov. Shumlin discusses progress in anti-opiate campaign, Spanos trial venue moves to White River Junction.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1776, as Nathan Hale is hanged by British military authorities for spying, he utters his famous last words — or does he? In 1975, Sara Jane Moore attempts to kill President Gerald R. Ford in San Francisco.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Patrick McArdle reports and the theft of an $89,000 shotgun, police release a video of the Monday Castleton robbery, O'Gorman reports a lawsuit by a local man claiming his vehicle unlawfully seized, police leave him in cold.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Giles Corey of Salem, Mass., is pressed to death during the Salem witch trials; on this day in 1952, film comedian Charlie Chaplin, while traveling to England, is denied re-entry into the United States by U.S. attorney general.