Police are seeking shooting suspectApril 21,2013Police are seeking
MIDDLEBURY — Police are searching for a suspect in the shooting of a 65-year-old man early Saturday.
Middlebury Police said they received a 911 call from the unidentified victim who said he had been shot outside his apartment on Jackson Lane.
Police did not say how badly the victim was wounded.
The man, who was taken to the hospital for treatment, described the shooter as a male, age 17 to 19, about 6 feet tall with a thin to average build and a goatee. The man was wearing blue jeans and a dark vest.
Police said the shooter was accompanied by two people, but no description of them was available. The victim last saw them running south on Jackson Lane.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Detective Kris Bowdish at 388-3191 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.MORE IN This Just InTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish like to gather around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Nelson Mandela on the primacy of teaching love over hate.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.