Police are seeking shooting suspectApril 21,2013Police are seeking
MIDDLEBURY — Police are searching for a suspect in the shooting of a 65-year-old man early Saturday.
Middlebury Police said they received a 911 call from the unidentified victim who said he had been shot outside his apartment on Jackson Lane.
Police did not say how badly the victim was wounded.
The man, who was taken to the hospital for treatment, described the shooter as a male, age 17 to 19, about 6 feet tall with a thin to average build and a goatee. The man was wearing blue jeans and a dark vest.
Police said the shooter was accompanied by two people, but no description of them was available. The victim last saw them running south on Jackson Lane.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Detective Kris Bowdish at 388-3191 or by email at email@example.com.MORE IN This Just In(Editor’s note: This is the first in a five-part series looking into the investigation of... Full StoryMORETOWN — An invite into the Moretown home of Emily Johnson and Brian Mohr shows that they live... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: On Jan. 31, 2002, Berkshire Armored Car Co. in Rutland's Howe Center was robbed of $1.9 million. Brent Curtis reports some of the surprising details he found in 10 years of FBI investigation files in a 5-part Herald series.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.