Police are seeking shooting suspectApril 21,2013Police are seeking
MIDDLEBURY — Police are searching for a suspect in the shooting of a 65-year-old man early Saturday.
Middlebury Police said they received a 911 call from the unidentified victim who said he had been shot outside his apartment on Jackson Lane.
Police did not say how badly the victim was wounded.
The man, who was taken to the hospital for treatment, described the shooter as a male, age 17 to 19, about 6 feet tall with a thin to average build and a goatee. The man was wearing blue jeans and a dark vest.
Police said the shooter was accompanied by two people, but no description of them was available. The victim last saw them running south on Jackson Lane.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Detective Kris Bowdish at 388-3191 or by email at email@example.com.MORE IN This Just InJust days before his crusade with cancer was lost, Sgt. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.